7/30/07 - Another weekend

I'm not going to say that this weekend was boring, because it really wasn't, but at the same time, it wasn't all the exciting either. Friday night I spent moping around for some reason. I was just in a bad mood and I can't explain why. Cristi worked the night before, so she slept most of the night. I played one of my games on NCAA Football 2008 (which me and my brother have a dynasty going) and that about sums up my Friday night.

Saturday we woke up and went to the River Market. Now that we live in North Little Rock, we have access to quite a few more interesting things, River Market included. We have gone the last two weeks and gotten fresh tomatoes and peaches. We've gotten some potatoes and cucumbers as well, but it's the peaches and tomatoes that brought us back. This week we also ate at Boulevard and were extremely pleased with the result. I had a pastrami sandwich and Cristi had the Turkey sandwich and we both had a cup of tomato soup with stuff in it. Very, very enjoyable. Plus, the table where we sat was actually a board room table that seated about 10 people. There were several individuals on laptops, one doing a crossword puzzle and another who appeared to be doing his taxes. Anyways, when we sat down, we talked with several of the other people and basiaclly just got to watch people go by (one of my favorite pastimes). Anyways, we really had fun. After the River Market, we went to Wal-mart (woo-hoo) and then came home. I played some more video games, Cristi watched TV and then we decided we would go on a "date". I went and took a shower while Cristi relaxed in bed. When I got out, I laid down next to her to decide what we were going to do and we fell asleep for about 2 hours. Needless to say, we overslept and didn't make it to our date so we just went out and grabbed a quick bite to eat. Another boring day.

Sunday, we woke up and drove to Conway for church. After church we ate at Firehouse and headed over to my brother's duplex. I changed and mowed lawns all afternoon while Cristi hung out and watched more TV. I got done with my lawns just as the rain started falling and we headed back home. When we got back home, I took a shower, Cristi fell asleep and then I played more video games. We went to bed about 10:00 or so and here we are today.

About the only thing really worth mentioning was what I found this morning when I got to Cristi's car. Her glove box and middle console had been emptied out and there were papers everywhere. Apparently, someone had managed to break in and went through her stuff. The only thing they took was her ipod and fm transmitter. Very frustrating, but confusing at the same time. There were two checks totalling $150, an air compressor in the back seat and lots of change and a few cds in the center console as well. I have filed the insurance claim and although we have a $100 deductible, we will still get reimbursed for most of it.

I'm looking forward to this week as I have every day off this week except for Thursday (mowing that is). Tonight, I'll get to spend some time with Cristi, tomorrow I have a softball game and Friday we are headed to the lake with Cristi's cousin and husband. Hopefully my week will be more exciting than my weekend.


0 Comments - Leave one yourself
center image