5/30/07 - Family Reunion, used cars and a family cookout

So this past Memorial Day weekend was not quite as exciting as I had originally anticipated. We got off early at work which allowed me to go home, take care of the lawn a bit and still drive to Fayetteville for the night (with my wife of course). We made a stop in Russellville (sorry Dan, it was a last minute thing) and ate at Feltner's Whatta-Burger. Usually, this meal is saved for trips returning from Fayetteville, but we weren't sure what time we'd be driving back home and we didn't want to miss the burger.

Friday night we didn't do much of anything. we got to the hotel and Cristi caught up with her Mamaw and Mom from Florida while I dozed in and out. Saturday, we woke up and headed to the family reunion for Cristi's Mawaw's Dad's side of the family. It was actually in Springdale on about 2-3 acres. The coolest part was that the guy who owned the propery (part of the family) has been cutting lawns for 30 years and he gave me TONS of advice. If you are in the Springdale area, be sure to use R&D Lawn Care. If I can remember, I'll try to get their contact information up here.

Some of the other highlights included some of the best rib and barbecue spread I've ever had. There were quite a few people there, I would guess easily over 100, and there was enough food to feed twice that many people. We started eating at 2:00, and they left the food out all afternoon so I was constantly making trips back and forth to the buffet line. While not eating, I spent the rest of the time relaxing in a chair on the lawn listening to the family play music and sing (all of them were musically talented). every once in a while, I'd get up and throw some frisbees or just walk around and look at the lawn equipment. There was also a faimly softball game towards the end of the day which was fun.

Sunday was to be spent at the family reunion again, but we knew there was a lot of stuff we were going to be doing this weekend, so we came home Sunday morning. We found out later that the buffet provided was just as good as the day before except this time it was pot roast and other things. That afternoon, we went and looked at cars and Cristi decided on a Honda Accord. We found several, but because we are looking for a used car, there were no prices on the window. While we were out, I wanted to test drive a Jeep Wrangler because I've always wanted one. I recently found out that they get about the same gas mileage as a Tahoe, so I'm going to have to wait some more. I did test drive it though, and sure enough, I still want one. The rest of the day was spent cleaning up the house and getting things ready for the garage sale this weekend.

Monday morning Greg came over and I tried to teach him how to use some of the lawn equipment and then we mowed a couple lawns. We got back to the house about the time we had decided to have a family cook out. I fired up the grill only to find out that for some reason, the flame is really weak and I couldn't have warmed up a hot dog in less than 30 minutes. We wound up cooking everything inside in the oven or on the stove. It turned out all right but it was frustrating. Phillip, Greg, Dustin and myself played 2-on-2 basketball for a while and then we called it a day. I was in bed early that night and here we are two days later.

What I will go ahead and mention as I'm pretty sure that Cristi and I have made our decision, our home will be up for sale at the beginning of next week. If you are interested, email me at GravyTrain6@gmail.com. I'll have pictures up and more information about it in the next week or so.


0 Comments - Leave one yourself
center image