11/2/06 - More about the job +

So it's Thursday of my first week at the new job and things are still awesome. Well, most things are awesome. The drive is crazy. I'm hoping that once I can get used to leaving my house by 6:30, things will get better, but as of now, it takes about an hour to get to work. I left at 8:30 this morning to get a feel for the traffic at a later time, and wouldn't you know it there was a wreck somewhere between Conway and Mayflower. Even with that wreck though, I made it to work in about 35 minutes.

I also found out that they've got things locked down even to the point of no access to online radio stations like launchcast or pandora or any radio station. One of the guys here at worked has shared his music folder with me so I can have some tunes until I get my music collection up here. Speaking of my music collection, my desktop died on me the other night. I have no idea what's going on, but it beeps three times and then doesn't do anything. All the lights are lit up, but nothing happens after that. I'm hoping it's the motherboard, and not the hard drive. I don't remember for sure, but I'm thinking that it's less than a year old, so everything should still be under warranty. We'll see though.

Tomorrow is a work Fun Day. What is a Fun Day you might ask? well, this fun day we will close the office at 2:00 and go bowling. Company paid and everything. We have been grouped into teams and i guess there will be prizes for different things. Food will be provided and I don't know if it could get any better than that.

I can't think of anything else that I wanted to mention other than I think I'm going to try to setup a messaging system on my website since I have access to that website (for now). That way, I'll be able to communicate with some of the guys at work, maybe my parents and maybe even Dan.

For some reason, I made the mistake of starting to drink coffee again. I had 3 cups yesterday spread out over the course of the day. Oh, another thing, we bought a treadmill over the weekend, so we've got it set up in the office and it is working out for us great so far. We've got a TV setup right across the room and it is back in a corner in such a way that it doesn't really get in the way of anything else. The crazy thing about when we got it is that they had a treadmill that was the version 15.0 on clearance which we were excited about because it lowered the price by about $120. So we asked the guy if they had any back in the back, and he said that the only ones they had were the ones on display. Well, normally, I don't have a problem with that, that's how I got my last TV. The display models are A TON cheaper, and the only thing wrong with them (typically) is that they have been out of the box for a few months. Anyways, the problem with the display models at Walmart is that I guess for safety reasons, they cut the power cord off. I'm talking about cutting it off flush with the base unit which means that to get it working, one would have to take the whole thing apart and no a little about electrical stuff to get it working. Needless to say, we paid the extra money to get one that works.


0 Comments - Leave one yourself
center image